DFSee version 12.2 has been released, with new functionality and several fixes.
It is a MINOR release, with EXFAT file recovery support as the
main added feature, and several other small enhancements and fixes
(like automatic LVM dialog on creating a partition working again).
EXFAT is a 32-bit FAT filesystem optimized for (very large) removable media like SD-cards used with cameras. It has an additional allocation-bitmap that avoids a lot of the normal overhead when writing contiguous files. It is
now supported by Windows, OS-X and Linux, and is the recommended filesystem
for SD-cards larger than 32Gb.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
- ABOUT: fixed item count in 'Expert' help menu to again include the 'About' item
- NEWMBR: -n and -N option to create MBR without any bootcode/NT-signature
- DISPLAY: sector identification for empty MBR (just 55AA) to correct type
- ALLOC: Update global info after 'alloc' command, enabling resizing menu items
- Added 'part PID -a' hint on resizing menu items not being available message
- CR: fixed auto LVM creation from the 'Create partition' dialog (lvm 1 -C ..)
- EXFAT: Added search for normal/deleted files to the recovery submenu
- EXFAT: DELFIND cmd, search deleted or renamed files/dirs by name fragment
- EXFAT: FILEFIND cmd, search normal files by name fragment (15 chars max)
- EXFAT: Fix DIR display (list) for FILE/STREAM entries spanning 2 sectors
- EXFAT: resolve FILE (85) from stream/name (c0/c1) DIR entries (filefind etc)
- FIND: Better EXFAT directory entry filtering for finding normal/deleted
- FIND: Progress SN shown from start OBJECT, not start search (experimental)
- MENU: Added find normal/deleted files for the EXFAT filesystem
- PART: Made '-a' the default to show alloc info, enabling resizing menu items
- SETBOOT -disk:* updates ALL installed bootmanagers, and is now the default
- TRACE: Removed extra debug info display from (WIN32) TxFileSize
[Moderator's note: All posts are sent without guarantee to the
accuracy of the content. We try to verify details and URLs but
this is an entirely volunteer run list, so 100% fact checking and
the quality/useability of products announced here is impossible.
If you respond to this post please remove the DESPAM from the
poster's email addresses. Please do not send requests for information
about a specific post to the moderator unless it is an update or I