There is a new version of ODIN on the Netlabs FTP server.
ODIN is the Open Source project to provide a win32 API for OS/2 and eComStation. Originally to allow OS/2 users to run Windows 32 bit applications.
Now used to port windows applications to OS/2 an eComStation. The Odin runtime is a requirement for the newest developed versions of JAVA and Flash 10 for OS/2 and eCS.
- kernel32: Fix crash when using the new SEH scheme (0.8.5 regression).
- kernel32: Disable Win32 TIB switch completely by default. This fixes spins
in an exception handler loop in some applications (e.g. LibreOffice trying
to load JVM.DLL).
- kernel32: Add support for custom PE/PEC/W16ODIN paths to ODIN.INI (fixes
broken PE/PEC functionality in RPM packages).
- kernel32: Add GetCPInfoEx and ConvertThreadToFiber (needed for GTK).
- kernel32: Add InitializeSListHead (needed for MSVCR100.DLL).
- kernel32: Fix inverted return values in GetFileInformationByHandle and
some other APIs (this could confuse Flash 10.1+).
- kernel32: Implement GetFileInformationByHandle for directories.
- kernel32: Add support for Windows XP SP3 version and make it the default.
- user32: Partly implement MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx (for Flash 11.4).
- shell32: Export SHGetSpecialFolderPathW (needed by Flash 11.4).
- crypt32: Disable debug fields of RTL_CRITICAL_SECTION_DEBUG (fixes
occasional crashes in CRYPT32.DLL e.g. during playback of some Flash).
- odininst: Register DLLs that require registration (fixes playback of some
Flash content for Flash versions starting from 10.1).
- pe: Don't add .exe if an extension is already present in the program name
(this fixes programs like InstallShiled that use non-standard extensions).
- pe: Fix memory allocation error for some Win32 EXEs (this error could be
displayed if the size of the EXE was too small).
[Moderator's note: All posts are sent without guarantee to the
accuracy of the content. We try to verify details and URLs but
this is an entirely volunteer run list, so 100% fact checking and
the quality/useability of products announced here is impossible.
If you respond to this post please remove the DESPAM from the
poster's email addresses. Please do not send requests for information
about a specific post to the moderator unless it is an update or I