It is a minor release, a few new scripts and some minor fixes mainly
to the menu system and help pages to allow updating the on-line help.
The online help for the whole DFSee menu-system is now up-to-date for
version 11.4, and includes over 600 screenshots showing yoy almost all
of the functions that are available on the DFSee menu. You can navigate
through its menu pages just like through the menu itself. Start at:
If you have not upgraded to version 11.x yet, this would be a good time! Development on 11.x will slow down considerably in favor of the upcoming release 12 that should include a fully graphical UI based on Qt4, next
to the familiar text version that will stay available too.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
- DFSDISK correct full display multiple-FS superblocks from bsfind
- EDIT binary-file, fix bogus error popup if 'this' SN too large
- FILE fixed help-page numbering for 'File->Trace to cyclic' files
- MENU Mode=EXT2+3 changed to EXT2_3 for correct menu DOC generation
- MENU SCRIPT added create type 0x07 HPFS/JFS/NTFS USB disk/stick
- MENU SCRIPT added create type 0x35 classic JFS USB disk/stick
- MENU2HTML static HTML generation updated for the new scripts menu
- VIRT no hint to 'restore to virtual disk first' if this IS a virtual
[Moderator's note: All posts are sent without guarantee to the
accuracy of the content. We try to verify details and URLs but
this is an entirely volunteer run list, so 100% fact checking and
the quality/useability of products announced here is impossible.
If you respond to this post please remove the DESPAM from the
poster's email addresses. Please do not send requests for information
about a specific post to the moderator unless it is an update or I