Synchronet v3.17, under development since the release of v3.16c in 2015, has been officially released and dubbed v3.17b (no, the 'b' is not for beta).
What changed (since v3.16)?
- IPv6 support
- TLS everywhere (HTTPS, FTPS, SMTPS, POP3S, NNTPS, etc.)
- SSH server reliability and compatibility improvements
- User avatars (across local and networked message bases)
- Polls and message up/down voting (across local and networked message bases)
- Integrated Fido/BinkP mailer (BinkIT.js)
- Revamped inter-bbs instant messaging
- Revamped BBS list module (sbbslist v4)
- Custom/loadable/contextual terminal fonts
- Custom terminal palettes (full XBin support)
- CBM/PETSCII terminal support (including 40-column terminals)
- echicken's web interface v4 included (current snapshot)
- Numerous performance and usability improvements and bug-fixes
The fresh installer for Windows is at ftp://ftp.synchro.net/sbbs317b.zip
The upgrade package (e.g. from v3.16c) is at ftp://ftp.synchro.net/sbup317b.zip
If you're already running v3.17a (development version), just update according to the instructions here: http://wiki.synchro.net/install:dev
Many thanks to Deuce, echicken, Nelgin, and all the other active sysops, users, testers, contributors and providers of helpful feedback!
Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #6:
BinkD = Binkley Daemon
Norco, CA WX: 53.4°F, 17.0% humidity, 7 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs