From August Abolins@2:221/360 to All on Thu Sep 24 17:09:51 2020
The folks at iPage are still pestering me:
ACTION REQUIRED: ipage Password Requirements
- 8 character minimum (New as of 6/25! reduced from 16 character)
- Contains one upper case letter, one lower case letter, and one digit
- Does not match previous 10 passwords
- Does not contain the user’s first name, last name, or ipage User ID
Security Questions and Answers
5 questions will be provided. Choose two questions and establish
answers for both.
- Minimum of 3 characters
- Cannot duplicate questions or answers
- Cannot contain User ID, email
- Cannot match password
(For your information) Passwords expire after 365 days
- Users will receive a reminder email 14 days prior to expiration:
Regarding  above, the existing pw is already 8-char and meets the upper/lowercase and numerical requirements. It hasn't changed since
I joined many years ago, so I assume the "action required" refers to
the 365 day expiration, item .
The pw is already quite cryptic (no actual words), so the
requirement to change it is irksome. Studies have shown that
changing a password does not improve security. The onus of security
ought to lie on the server side with encrypted databases - which no
one seems to implement.
WRT  above, all I'm encouraged to do is simply add the same last
character to my pw, save it, and move on for another 365 days. It's
easier to remember the same last character than dreaming up a new
At least I don't have to change the stupid  requirements every year.
* Origin: nntp://rbb.fidonet.fi - Lake Ylo - Finland (2:221/360.0)
Tue Sep 26 19:26:07 2023
Tue Sep 26 16:37:42 2023
Tue Sep 26 15:16:48 2023
Wed Sep 27 04:44:34 2023