• 1/11 Nat'l Milk Day - 3

    From Dave Drum@1:2320/105 to All on Wed Jan 10 16:19:00 2024
    MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

    Title: Spanish Dinner (PET Milk, 1950)
    Categories: Beef, Vegetables, Rice, Chilies
    Yield: 4 Servings

    1 lg Bell pepper
    1 lb Ground meat *
    1/2 c Pet Evaporated Milk
    1/2 c Finely cut onion
    2 ts Salt; divided use
    1/8 ts Pepper
    1/2 ts Chilli spice mix
    1/2 ts Dry mustard
    2 tb Flour
    2 tb Hot shortening
    1/3 c Washed, raw rice **
    20 oz Can tomatoes (2 1/2 cups)

    Cut bell pepper in four 1/2" rings. Cut remaining pepper
    in small pieces.

    Mix meat, milk, onion, 1 tsp. salt, pepper, chilli spice
    and dry mustard. Shape meat mixture in 4 patties. Roll
    patties in flour.

    Brown on one side in shortening. Turn patties over; put
    one pepper ring on each. Put finely cut pepper around
    patties. When patties are brown on under side, add rice,
    tomatoes and 1 tsp. salt. Cover; cook over low heat 40
    minutes, or until rice Is tender. Serve rice mixture in
    pepper rings and around patties.

    * Beef, veal, lean pork, lamb or a mixture of these can be

    ** If quick cooking rice is used, add to tomatoes during
    last 15 minutes of cooking time.

    Makes 4 servings

    Source: Vintage recipe clipping, Pet Milk ad, 1950

    From: http://www.recipelink.com

    Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives


    ... 90% of the lawyers give the other 10% a bad name
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)