From fusion@21:1/616 to All on Fri Sep 1 17:56:54 2023
After talking about Kermit (and G-Kermit) a bit around here, I decided I wanted to give it a shot on the Windows side (tested on Windows 7 32-bit)
so I managed to compile it with Cygwin and also created a shim called 'gkerm' that redirects it's i/o. G-Kermit isn't meant for BBS software even remotely so
there are some caveats (mainly stuff like there isn't a way to track whether individual files completed or not, just all-or nothing, so it'd be easy to cheat by downloading 40 files and then cancelling on the 41st) but it seems to work pretty well.
Downloads FROM the BBS usually get me something like 6MB/s but uploads seem to behave quite poorly (~100kB/s .. conversely Mystic's zmodem seems to behave the opposite .. can upload to it at 5MB/s+ and download at a few hundred...)
I haven't tested it with Synchronet, but assuming the batch xfer file is always named "BATCHDN.LST' (I just peeked at the source briefly) it should autodetect batch downloads the same.