From art@FATCATS to All on Tue Nov 15 07:20:51 2011
I've been working on a project called SyncHack, which is a rogue-like/nethack style interface for Synchronet (if you don't know what that means, remember L.O.R.D. II?). Users move around on a graphical map to access the various functions of the BBS.
It's gotten to a point where I think most of the BBS functions are available and can be used as a full shell replacement. It also includes some neat features:
- Multinode: interact with other online users.
- Shell: access most areas of the traditional BBS (messages, QWK, file transfers, doors, etc).
- Graphical nethack/rogue style interface to remind you how old & outdated you really are.
- RPG elements: inventory, player attributes (HP, MP, experience, etc).
- Administration: string commands (i.e., ;LOG, ;UEDIT) are all available within SyncHack.
- Coming soon: quests, NPCs, released source, and much more (read the CHANGELOG within SyncHack: @, c).
I'd like to invite anyone who's interested in roguelikes to take a peek and provide some feedback. There is a message base on Fatcats BBS for this, please post there. You will need an ANSI-capable 80x25 terminal. New users
are automatically set to use the SyncHack shell.